Veracast Communications, Inc.
Job Description for Webcast Production Assistant
Webcast Production Assistant
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Dublin, OH.
We are seeking a bright and reliable candidate to process and encode audio-video content for webcasting. Successful candidate will have a good grasp of personal computers, IP networks and a working knowledge of audio-video components (hardware and software). The candidate will also be results driven, be highly motivated and be able to thrive under tight deadlines and be able to work independently as well as part of a small team.
Candidate will be responsible for:
· Encoding audio and video signals for live and on-demand streaming webcasts;
· Assisting in the production of live and on-demand webcast events;
· Maintaining webcast equipment and programs as needed;
· Other responsibilities as may be assigned.
· Entry level position, but audio-video production or webcast encoding experience would be a big plus.
High School Diploma required. Associate’s degree or higher (a plus)
· Working knowledge of audio and video editing software
· Knowledge of streaming media technology: Flash, HTML5 and Windows Media (a plus)
· Knowledge of IP network architecture and Internet communications protocols and technologies (a plus)
· Basic understanding of audio-visual equipment and terminology
· Bright, enthusiastic, energetic individual with good interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with personal computer architecture and operation
· Ability to integrate into and work within a small team environment
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
· Willingness to learn new skills including new computer programs and applications
· Ability to work early morning hours during productions
· Willingness to travel (6-10 times and possibly more per year)
$30k-$35k plus benefits including paid medical, 50% paid dental, 401k plan and paid holidays and vacations.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting. Please, no phone calls about this job. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests. Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
Interested candidates should email or mail a cover letter, resume, and salary history as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Veracast Communications, Inc.
2727 Tuller Parkway
Dublin, OH 43017