Top 5 Industries to Make a Better Career Choice in Columbus, Ohio
Columbus is a great source of attraction for job seekers from all over the world. This is one city that would allow the average job seeker to find a great job that is not only accommodating to your skills, but can also deliver the salary you prefer. For these two simple reasons, different people come to the Ohio to make their career a reality. In this article, we have researched and developed a list of career opportunities that have the highest potential for jobs in Columbus. The people who have skills in any of the given areas will have a better chance at landing a job in Columbus, Ohio.
1. Healthcare: Healthcare is the leading industry that has most job seekers and job fulfillment in Columbus, Ohio. The best part is that jobs in the healthcare industry are typically some of your better paid jobs as well. A person who has an interest in healthcare or the required skills should apply for relevant healthcare jobs in Columbus, Ohio. In order to find a dream job with a higher salary in a quick manner, the applicant should possess the skill set and previous work experience to fulfill the requirements of a typical healthcare professional. When you go out searching for employment on a website that lists the available opportunities in Ohio, you can rest assured that you will find hundreds or thousands of career opportunities in the healthcare industry in Columbus.
2. Restaurants: To help pay bills while finishing school or while searching for a dream job, some people choose to have a part time job at a local restaurant serving customers or at a local bar bartending or bar backing. People who are searching for part time jobs in Ohio can always find great opportunities working in the food service industry. Columbus, Ohio has an extensive and rapidly growing food service industry both downtown, on campus and in the suburbs of Gahanna, Worthington, Dublin and Upper Arlington. Different people, who move to Columbus to go to school at The Ohio State University, most often opt for restaurant jobs in Columbus, because there are more available and they are easier to find. These jobs are ideal for part timers, who want to do other activities alongside their day job. These job seekers are often looking forward to earn some extra income on a part time basis only. Some may argue that part time jobs typically lead to a dead end, but there are often times where a quality part time employee will be picked up by management for a full time position.
3. Customer Service: This is another area that is not only suitable for full timers, but also is a great way to make money and gain experience for part timers as well as interns. In the list of all the Columbus, Ohio jobs or career opportunities, this category comes in third, which is still relatively well paid and is easy to find job openings online. Several thousand students from The Ohio State University and Columbus State University opt for customer service jobs in Columbus because they can quickly fill the need for employers to hire operators need in call centers. Call center operators answer customer questions and problems with knowledgeable advice. Call center operators may also be required to bring to the table sales experience as well as being a talented, well spoken individual. Call center operators are not the only types of customer service jobs in Columbus. There are hundreds of other categories for jobs in the customer service industry, yet this industry ranks third in our list.
4. Information Technology: If you are an IT professional, then you already have an edge among all others applying in this industry because this is the field that is becoming a part of almost every industry statewide and nationwide. Finding a well paying state job in Ohio is not at all difficult for the IT professionals. The local city government in Columbus, Ohio needs IT professionals more so than ever before. Furthermore, there are several private companies as well as publicly held Fortune 500 companies that offer career opportunities in the area of IT and systems administration. In most cases we discovered that of the top job listing websites in Columbus, this industry ranks in fourth place in terms of the number of offered jobs and potential for employment.
5. Real Estate: The real estate industry has exploded in recent years in Columbus and continues to do so despite the economic recession and government setbacks. The real estate industry holds strong in the greater Columbus area and offers great potential for those job hunting in real estate sales, service or development. Ironically, this industry also has a large opportunity for work and long term employment in Columbus, Ohio. If you want to start a career in real estate, then Columbus may be the nation's best place to get a job in real estate with the least risk. Most real estate professionals start out in a leasing office or as an assistant to a marketing or sales professional. From there, most candidates go on to gain their real estate license and continuing education from one of the area's universities. Once you have gained a good reputation and have relevant work experience under your belt, you are already well on your way to landing your dream job while maintaining the opportunity to make a sizeable income. Fact is that most real estate industry employees stay within the industry once they obtain their proper licenses to sell real estate in Ohio.
We have completed hundreds of hours of extensive research to bring you this list of top five industries for employment in Columbus, Ohio. Our research spans from job listing websites to resume sampling and industry knowledge. Hopefully the research we completed over the last several months has offered a strong learning opportunity and a glimpse inside the job market for your industry of choice.
Copyright 2011 Matt McWilliam for MJM Design and CbusJobs.com. Visit Columbus Jobs for more information about jobs in Columbus, Ohio. MJM Design is a Columbus, Ohio based web development and marketing company. Our goal is giving back to the community in which we have a presence with the ultimate goal of helping to increase the local economy and job market by offering a quality source for moderated job listings in Columbus, Ohio.
CbusJobs is the leading source for quality, moderated jobs in Columbus.